Sunday 22 July 2018

5 weeks to go



Well five weeks to go, getting excited now. Training hasn't quite gone to plan. My final pack weight is just over 12 kg and I am up to 13.1 with it. Plan to climb to 26 and also back to back runs. The problem is, I'm getting tired. I have a physical job and with the training, I am craving food all the time.
The weather hasn't exactly been ideal for Iceland training. Its been scorching hot, even in the mornings.
I am hoping to write weekly blogs now until I go.
The videos that i have been putting on, have been using a Garmin Virb, but the sound quality hasn't been great. I tried my sons Go Pro to see if that would be a better option to take to Iceland. You can review the results further down the blog.

My runs since the last blog are here:

16th June - 13.1 mile run 7:57/mile, but the  right Hamstring doesn't feel great.

* Right leg Hamstring not great and feeling very tired, so I took a week off in the hope that both issues would disappear *

25th June 2018 - 3 miles 10:20 / mile. hamstring still not right,

Had further treatments and rehab on Hamstring and Glutes.

3rd July 2018 4 miles 8:44/ mile.  legs feel better, but issue still there

4th July  5 miles 8:23/mile. Issue still there but less than yesterday.         





7th July 2018  6 miles - 7:49/mile. Felt good today, hopefully now back on the training train

9th July - 7 weeks to Iceland. 3 miles 9:22/mile with 12 kg pack

10th July 2018 6 miles 9:32/mile with 12 kg pack

12th July  Hot 8 miles with 12 kg pack

14th July hot Hot Hot 10 miler with Mark Elflett and Gary Mcdonald and 12 kg pack 9:51/mile

15th July 2018  unladen 13.1 miler

16th July 6 miles with 12 kg pack 9:18/mile then later 7 miles unladen 8:55/mile

18th July 6 miles with 12 kg pack 9:14/mile

19th 6 miles with 12 kg pack 9:31/mile

21st 13.1 miles with 12 kg pack 9:46/mile

22nd 13.1 miles with 12 kg pack 10:25/ mile *felt quite tired*

Tried the Go pro on the above run and here is the result. Sound quality i
is worse than Virb, so reverting back to what I know and try and improve sound some other way.

13.1 with pack, CLICK TO WATCH

NEW RUNNING PARTNER

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been joined on quite a few of my runs by "lump"
When I say running partner, that isn't quite right because he doesn't run anywhere, he just sits on my back. The first run felt awful, but over time I seem to be getting used to him.
So in future I will add him into the run log instead of "12 kg pack"






NO CHARITY NEWS



So this one has been short and sweet, more to show hopefully next week.
ITS GETTING CLOSER


Happy runningπŸƒ‍♂️πŸƒ‍♀️πŸƒ‍♂️πŸƒ‍♀️πŸƒ‍♂️πŸƒ‍♀️




2 comments:

  1. AMAZING Mark! What an acheivement... something you will treasure, for ever... Justin

    ReplyDelete